Preamble

Parent Category: मराठी पुस्तके Category: एकच प्याला (नाटक) - इंग्रजी भाषांतर

'Ekach Pyala - the best play of 100 years ago

Famous and extraordinarily talented writer, poet and playwright late Ram Ganesh Gadkari's play 'Ekach Pyala' is the best play against addiction due to alcohol.

Although I have not seen the drama, I already knew it. The play depicts how Sudhakar became addicted to alcohol after falling prey to the first temptation and how the world of Sudhakar and Sindhu was destroyed. In almost the same way, I have experienced the plight of my close relatives and colleagues, and because of the current social situation, I have become very sensitive to it. I had earlier written an article against the idea of ​​starting a liquor business from grain when the poor in India are still starving for want of food.

As the state government's wine sales policy is being hotly debated in the community and in the media, I felt the need to bring this drama back to the community. Fortunately, I found a digital version of the drama on Marathi Wikipedia wiki source.

Ram Ganesh Gadkari initially employed individuals and society as Deputy Editor at Jnanprakash in Pune and as a teacher at the New English School. Later he got an opportunity to write plays for Kirloskar Natak Company and from there his career started. Along with plays, Ram Ganesh Gadkari became equally popular in poetry and comedy. He wrote his poems under the pseudonym 'Govindagraj'. which was published in the collection Vagvajayanti (1921). He wrote his comedy under the name 'Balkaram'. His literature reveals his genius, his awareness of social and political situation and his keen intelligence. His contribution to Marathi literature is important. Since it is difficult to get out of addiction, he has given an important message in his play 'Ekach Pyala' to avoid temptation from the very beginning. Today's young generation desperately needs it.

While editing the text of the play, as I read all the play, I began to feel the burning truth of the horrible effects of alcohol, as the saying goes. Seeing the vulnerability of the addict being uttered with such passion by Sudhakar, the mind became restless and witnessed Gadkari's supernatural talent.

The story of the play paints a beautiful picture of pre-independence reformers and extremists, the plight of women, the contradictions in local and foreign medicine, the philosophy of drinking and the emotional tensions between men and women. Addiction is a permanent threat to the individual and society. The play is effectively presented to the society. Since addiction is a global problem, I think this play should be translated into other languages.

I have published all these plays on the website Mymarathi.com. Everyone should read it and express their views.

Hits: 447
X

Right Click

No right click